Saturday, February 19, 2011

CEP811: Featuring M-TEC @ Wikipedia and PBWorks!

M-TEC @ Night
Photo attribution: M-TEC @ Night
originally uploaded by Kit Fishell

Released under an
Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike License






Thompson M-TEC was not in Wikipedia.  I asked approval from our Director if I can add it especially since we have to go through the marketing department to avoid duplication of any of their marketing plans.  I was approved to do it and have included some information in the page.  I have linked the page to Holland, Michigan at the Education section.  I think it would be an easier task if M-TEC had already been created and all I needed to do was just edit and add more information.  I have attributed three pictures as copyrights with fair use tags.  I would like to incorporate these in Wikipedia, but there is a part where I need to have at least ten edits or be a member for at least ten days to be able to upload those pictures.  I will have to read all the rules to make sure I understand all of the requirements.  At least, I have print screens as proofs that M-TEC is in Wikipedia.

I created a wikipage in PBWorks and loved it!   I decided to have a page to share with all my colleagues in M-TEC.  It will be a “Minutes of  Meeting” page, where everyone can add what should be covered during  the meeting day on Tuesday, Feb 22.  The real functionality about this wikipage is when the meeting is over, all the teachers and staff members can go back to the shared page and go to the ACTION ITEM section to make notations and review task assignments.  They can also provide feedback on the topics that have been discussed and comment on whether each item has been accomplished or needs to be revisited.

1 comment:

Melissa White said...

Kit, that is really neat. I am glad you asked permission first! Even though it is for an assignment, they may have frowned upon it.

Post a Comment